How to display your Desktop PC or Teacher Laptop on your Apple TV using Air Parrot 2
All teacher laptops and desktops now feature Air Parrot 2. This software tool allows you to wirelessly display what is on your screen to a classroom projector equipped with Apple TV without the need for cables, plugs, or adapters.
Note: If you Air Parrot does not connect for you, or if you can’t get it to load initially, try restarting your computer. Updates have rolled out to address certain issues with the tool but your laptop will only install these after a reboot.
Follow these steps to get started with Air Parrot (or click here for a printable .PDF)
1. Open the AirParrot 2 menu.
- The AirParrot 2 icon is near your system clock—usually at the bottom right of your desktop, you can click the ^ arrow to find it if it’s not visible.
2. Select your Apple TV destination from the list.
- Within a few seconds, AirParrot will list all available projection destinations, including Chromecast, Reflector 2 and other Apple TVs on your network.
3. Once you select your destination, a pop up window will prompt you to enter a passcode.
4. A unique passcode will display on your projector screen.
- Enter the code into the popup window on your computer, and click OK
5. AirParrot 2 will now connect your PC to Apple TV.
Now you can enjoy wireless streaming to your classroom projector!
Note: If you see a red icon beside your selected destination, this is because another device is already connected.