What is Read&Write?
- Read aloud words, passages, and whole documents
- Colour Highlight text
- Show the meaning of words as a definition or in pictures
- Translate and speak text into other languages
- Turn words into text as you speak
- Simplify and Summarize text on web pages.
Read&Write is a Chrome Extension (for more info on extensions click here) and is attached to every G-Suite account for School District 61. This means that students can have access to it on any PC, Mac, or tablet with Google Chrome installed. To access Read&Write students simply log into Chrome using their @sd61learn.ca G-Suite account. See below for more details on this process.
For maximum functionality with Read&Write, you should make sure that the following three extensions are installed in Google Chrome. To find your extensions, type chrome://extensions/ into your browser’s search bar or go to More Tools > Extensions in the browser menu. Click on any of the icons below to visit the extension’s page in the Chrome Web Store and install: