If you are moving districts or graduating from Grade 12 and would like to keep the data from your SD61Learn G-Suite account you have two options available:
Choosing this option will allow you to download the entire contents of your Google Drive folder in one simple .zip file
This will allow you to transfer your files to a personal Google account (Note: this could potentially take several days to fully complete the action)
You can access both archive and transfer options from clicking here
If you are leaving the GVSD district, in order to maintain access to any Google Sites you created, you must transfer ownership of those sites to yourself at a private Gmail account.
Steps to take place under the SD61Learn account:
- To begin, open the site while logged in to your SD61Learn account.
- Go to More Actions -> Manage Site.
- Select the “Sharing” option under site settings.
- In the section titled “Invite people to join site as owner” type in the email address of your personal account. This will be the new owner.
- Make selections under Advanced Permissions as needed.
- Click Invite these people. This will send an email to the account listed above which will include a link to the sites current location under the ed domain.
Steps to take place in the personal Google account:
- Open Google account and Gmail to view the link to the account we just shared.
- This will take you to the SD61Learn log in page. At the bottom of the sign in section there is an option to “Sign in with a different account”. Enter the personal account log in and password here.
- Once you are logged in, open the site and click the More Actions –> Manage Site options.
- Select the General option.
- At the bottom of the screen in the Site Actions Section there is now an option to Copy this Site. Select this.
- Type in the site name and take note of the new URL which should read:
- http://sites.google.com/site/(new site name here)
- Click the button to Copy Site.
To remove your SD61Learn account as an owner of the site:
Go to More Actions –> Sharing and remove the SD61Learn account as an owner of the site.