These resources will help you get acquainted with Windows 10, whether you are transitioning from Windows 7, or have been using Windows 10 for a while already.
- Windows 10 Basics: This page provides some introductory information about Windows 10, including diagrams and comparisons between the Windows 7 & 10 environments.
- Customizing the Taskbar: This page will show you how to add programs to your taskbar.
- Customizing the Start Menu: This page reviews the Start Menu and shows you how to change some of the default settings by introducing the concepts of searching for and applying Settings in Windows 10.
- Changing the Default PDF Reader: Windows 10 uses its Edge browser to display PDFs. SD61 has a more advanced PDF viewer/editor installed on all PCs: Adobe Acrobat DC. This page describes how to get the computer to open PDFs with Acrobat.
- Windows 10 Settings: The Control Panel in Windows 7 has been replaced with Settings. This page gives an example of how to use settings, and shows you how to find the Control Panel if you need it.
|Getting Started||Windows 10 Basics||Customizing the Taskbar||Customizing the Start Menu||Searching in Windows 10||Changing the default PDF Reader||Windows 10 Settings||Office 2016|