Who can get a school district G Suite account?
All students and staff are able to request an SD61 G Suite for Education account.
Student Consent Information
Elementary/Middle Students (K-8)
- Parental consent is required for an SD61 G Suite account.
- Parents are encouraged to use the Parent Connect App to manage their child’s consent items for online tools, including G Suite.
- Paper forms are available in the event that parents choose not use Parent Connect. The teacher will ensure that students are informed about acceptable use.
- New accounts will be generated after parents have granted initial consent.
- Teachers will use the Parent Connect Admin app to locate student login information. Parents will be reminded to review consent annually.
- Students will continue to have access throughout their school career, unless parents revoke consent.
Secondary Students (9-12)
- Students in Gr. 9 and beyond self-consent to G Suite account use.
- Students use Student Connect to review their consent items.
- The school will ensure that students are informed about acceptable use.
- Students who are new to the district will receive their G Suite login in the Student Connect app after they have provided consent.